Monday, January 4, 2010

Someday Never Comes.


First of all, the title of this blog and this blog have nothing to do with each other. It is just a title of a song that I am listening to and that I like. It is by Creedence Clearwater Revival and it is old and it is awesome. My dad has a beard and he listens to it. Anyone with a beard who listens to CCR is cool in my book. Incidentally, I am still smirking from seeing "The Entrance of Darla" as I do every time I open up You Tube. My nephew watched that clip for 4 hours straight one day, I admire his resiliancy (made up word).
I have vowed not to right one serious sentence in this blog. I do not have my serious face on, I left it in the bathtub. The reason why I had it on in the bath tub in the first place is cause I couldnt figure out how to change the song on my ipod without getting the screen wet or getting a towel. It was a predicament. I ended up listening to "Holding on for a Hero" three times in a row. Don't ask me why I chose that song in the first place, I should not have admitted that.
I went out to lunch with my Mom today and she tried to convince me to bring back the infamous Bowl Cut. I thought about it. I am still thinking about it. I told her that I didn't want to a girlfriend before my mission and she remarked that the bowl cut would help. Also the state of my room and my over all life situation should help.
On a similar note, what age is it that a man is no longer able to sit like a man? My dad is one of the manliest men that I know but he sits like a woman in church. You know what I'm talking about, the weird crossed legged hand on knee thing. I was thinking that after all the shinanigans I pulled growing up he is just trying to relinquish the possibility of his ability to spread his seed. There must be a better way. Sorry if that was innapropriate, but I am going to have 20 kids before I sit like a woman in church. Despite the way he sits I would hate to see what would happen if I called him dainty. My dad puts butter on everything. He is a man.
My mom likes me because I like designer jeans. It gives us something to talk about when we go to lunch and listen to other peoples conversations. "Are those real?" is a question that is asked. About jeans. I have to go now, I am going to play catch with my dog.

1 comment:

Gentri said...

I am still laughing at this!! You are hilarious! It sounds like you've had a great day. :) I am so glad.

P.S.
DARLA!